Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Past

This is the eve of Christmas Eve. This year, we have no presents under the tree. It saddens me. I remember the Christmas' Past.

But then, tonight, I received an email from a friend of mine. She was thanking me for the support I've given. Because this Christmas year she not only has fewer presents under the tree, but she also has one less child. She lost her 15 year old son in a car accident March 8, 2009. She told me again how hard this Christmas is for her and I can't imagine her pain and how she goes on. My heart breaks for her and her family.

So, when I look under our tree and see just the red skirt, I am reminded not that it is empty but rather how much we do have.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I love your banner...I have the same one, I also modified, for my Twitter page.
    Merry Christmas. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard this year for many people, and sometimes I think we all have to remind ourselves of what we have. Thanks for the thought. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only gifts we are giving this year are for my grandchildren. The two that(6 and 8 yrs old) live near us got "coupons" for spending time with Meema and Papa. Each coupon has an activity on it .. can always give our time!

    ReplyDelete