Friday, December 18, 2009

Amazing Resource for School Projects!

I am amazed at the number of projects my kids have had to prepare, especially in high school. They usually get to choose how to present it and in the past have done scrapbooks, story boards, videos and more. Needing a new venue my daughter, who is a junior in high school chose to make a website. A lot less cutting and pasting and even though it still is taking a lot of time, not nearly as much as the other types she has done. The time spent this way is more on the actual content and not the project.

After several searches for free website design we landed upon MoonFruit. This site is easy to use, a has all the bells and whistles for making a sweet website! They have a free version, but since my daughter's project needed multiple pages (more than the free version allowed) we had to purchase the basic version for a very affordable $4.95. A lot less than scrap book supplies.

Not only is she using it, but she has referred several of her classmates after they came crying to her about their woes of other sites that left them frustrated and/or required more $$$.

I can't say enough about this site in that they have made a huge contribution to the education of middle and high school students!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog...I'm enjoying being a part of your community and also reading your blog! I would've loved to be able to do a website as a school project, but 15 years ago we just didn't do that! : P

    ReplyDelete