Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hysterectomy

In August, 2008 I had a hysterectomy. One month later I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I wrote a poem about my hysterectomy. I will write in the future about my breast cancer and mastectomy. Maybe if I write a poem about that too it will help me get it off my chest.

Hysterectomy
by Lisa Culey

To my baby-maker
I bid farewell;
For you have provided me
Two kids that are swell.

Your leaving me now
Is a bittersweet;
Though your oven worked well,
Your pain – not a treat.

I look forward to days
Without PMS,
the bloating, the cramping,
the incontinence.

Thanks for the memories,
‘Tho cursed they may be;
They only remind me
That now I am free.
Aug. 4, 2008

1 comment:

  1. ouch... that might be hurt, emotionally and physically... as a medical student, i understand what u been thru... be strong ok... may the force be with you...

    ReplyDelete