Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Birth of my Blog

Today, my blog was born. I didn't just today decide to create one. This came after several weeks of gestation. I would have to say the hardest part of creating a blog is deciding on a name. What a stressful commitment it is to have to choose a name you have to keep forever. I have the same stress when choosing user-names for websites, not to mention my email address. It's like choosing names for kids and pets. I'm just not gifted at choosing clever names, and I hate commitment--can you tell? I start to hyperventilate thinking I can't change my mind. My family knows all too well this commitment problem, because I am forever rearranging furniture, dishes in the kitchen cabinets and even planted plants in the yard. My mom gave me one of those wall stencils about three months ago. I'm pretty sure I know where I would like it to go, but the fact that it would be in this place permanently completely freaks me out. So instead, it has found a permanent home tucked behind the kleenex box on my kitchen counter, which by the way will most likely be moved very soon.

The name "zippitz" for my url leapt in my head while hangin out this Sunday afternoon with my two teenage kids. After spending weeks trying to come up with something clever for a name and choosing a specific subject to blog about, I was amazed when I was inspired by this word. It's an abbreviation for quick tid bits I plan to blog about--Tid bits from all aspects of my world (sorry, I just can't commit to one subject). As I mention above I have two teenage kids, I am also mother to a toy poodle, and I have been married for almost 19 years to the same man! I know. I can hardly believe it myself. I can honestly say, I have stayed committed to him and him alone although I am sure he will say that I have rearranged him several times!

No comments:

Post a Comment